AVANT SECURE PC COMBINED WITH JENTU TECHNOLOGIES ARE WORKING TO PROVIDE A NEW WAY TO MANAGE DATA EFFICIENTLY AND ELIMINATE THE CYBERSECURITY RISKS OF MALWARE. AN INEXPENSIVE SOLUTION (TCO) COMPARED TO TODAY’S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR CYBER BREACH LOSSES WHILE INCREASING THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) AND OFFERING COMPLETE CENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT OF ALL SERVERS AND ENDPOINTS.
HUNTSVILLE, AL – Friday, November 10, 2017 — AVANT Solutions Group, LLC. — Today AVANT secure PC and JENTU have announced an alliance aimed for immediate availability of AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ that is comprised of Jentu Technologies Diskless Computing Appliance and AVANT’s hardware-protected servers. AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ is ready for deployment in the most secure conditions including U.S. and Canadian Government Facilities, as a secure addition to VDI, standard desktop deployment, and centralized management.
AVANT secure PC provides system drive hardware-protected servers, desktops, and laptops. Once configured, the operating system boots in a locked state, where only the system owner can make changes to the system OS or Applications software and program configurations. AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ server requires a physical 2048-bit key to authorize the operating system or program changes. By performing a simple system reboot, secure NETWORK™ eliminates advanced persistent threats (APTs) that can compromise the security of an individual system or entire organization.
Key elements of secure NETWORK™ include:
SECURITY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ servers have no hardware signatures or device drivers
- No program or OS running on the host can detect, reconfigure, or disable secure NETWORK™ hardware security technology or write to the deployed workstations unless authorized
- secure NETWORK™ allows for companies to use software after support ends (e.g. WinXP)
- secure NETWORK™ does not require a database of known malware to operate
- One secure read-only golden drive image per endpoint group
- No persistent data storage at any point – data is stored and secured centrally
- Reboot to restore any server or workstation to the golden image
- No malware residue upon reboot to golden image
- No loss of data upon endpoint theft
- Risk free OS and application patches, updates and upgrades to all groups
- Addresses 19 of 20 SANS Security Controls, and adds a 21st, Cyber breach mitigation
- With AVANT’s secure NETWORK™, new compliance guidelines will need to be created
- No provisioning to unauthorized ID
- Simplified and effective network segregation, segmentation and disaggregated security
- High availability, ALB, Round Robin and server replication available
- Easily connects to all technologies and allows replication and deployment
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCIES – LOWER TCO AND IMMEDIATE ROI
- AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ acts as master image repository for OS and applications
- Multi-location and multi-floor management with advanced web based management panel
- Lowered TCO through simplified and streamlined configuration, delivery, maintenance and management of OS and applications
- Desk-side support calls reduced by more than 70%
- PC’s, servers and endpoints can be instantly reconfigured upon reboot
- End user transparency – no workflow disruption when pushing out updates
- Risk free software rollout – instant rollback to previous working image, no downtime in case of a bad patch or update
- Deployments, upgrades, updates no longer require long planning/implementation cycle
- Low cost hardware server requirements
- Increase in PC lifespan – 200%-300%+ >10 years
- Non-virtualized desktops benefit from the full desktop processing power
- Latency and lag free operations for all endpoints and servers
- AVANT’s secure NETWORK™ has built in adaptive acceleration for 20X increased network performance
INDUSTRY COMMENTS ON JENTU PLATFORM
Brian Madden, Desktop Virtualization Expert and Blogger with TechTarget said the following:
“Jentu is disk block “streaming” where you take the hard drive out of a computer, do a PXE boot, and it connects to a central image which is run locally on the desktop. You get bare metal (i.e. no hypervisor) performance on your desktop, and with 100MB or 1GB networks and a bunch of drives and cache in your server, you can actually get better performance than a local disk.
The real advantage though is the central management, security, and the ease of reverting to a stable state (or swapping out an image) just by rebooting the desktop. (It’s like an instant version of Ghost, or a more secure version of Deep Freeze.)”
Grant Aitken, Former VP of Sales, Citrix for 10 year and VMWare for 10 years, “You succeeded where VDI Fails”
JENTU has developed a desktop management and delivery technology that inverts VDI , providing the best of centralized management desktop management, but leveraging the compute power of the existing PC that are already installed on 99% of all business desktops worldwide.
Unlike either Server-Based Computing (SBC) or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), the compute processes remain on the desktop, eliminating the issues of the server scale up, boot storm challenges, CPU app contention, I/O issues, and the many other associated problems of DC- based centralized compute models. (of either VDI or SBC)
Unlike a traditional distributed desktop environment, hard drives not required by networked PC’s, removing the single biggest point of failure and security risk in traditional PC computing.
Unlike SBC or VDI, which require a duplicate set of compute infrastructure (new high-powered servers) installed in the data center, Jentu leverages the existing compute power of existing PC’s allowing businesses to gain the advantages of VDI and SBC without significant extra costs and management.
Unlike SBC or VDI, since no significant backend infrastructure is required, the learning curve, training regimen, and management skills needed to deploy and run a JENTU environment are not significantly different than that currently possessed by most entry-level IT administrators.
However, like VDI or SBC, the desktop OS image management is central, reducing or eliminating the time consuming issues of distributed image/OS management, and dramatically improving data security.
INDUSTRY COMMENTS ON AVANT SECURE PC HARDWARE SECURITY
“Recently I wrote about “file-less malware” being the latest difficult attack to defend against. A daily reboot of this system would eliminate this threat.”
– Chandler Hall, Cybersecurity Evangelist, Sentar Inc.
“Never have we seen anything like this…The easy way to describe this one is Deep Freeze on steroids.”
– Dr. Peter Stephenson, Technology Editor, SC Magazine
“We put an AVANT secure PC system through a gauntlet of tests including installing Windows, configuring specific settings, all in Admin mode while using the authentication key that was inserted. After switching to User mode by removing the key, any and all changes quickly reverted to the last known Admin mode setting at reboot, just as advertised. These tests give us the utmost confidence that AVANT secure PC will hold off any unauthorized alternation attempts made to the system drive.“
– Warren Saio, Systems Engineer, Tutelar Group Inc.
“AVANT secure PC defied all expectations. Because no matter what was thrown at it, it couldn’t be stopped.”
– Charles Tendell, ABC and CNN’s cybersecurity contributor, The Charles Tendell Show “HACKED”
ABOUT AVANT SECURE PC
AVANT secure PC was established and officially launched in May 2016 from Huntsville, AL. AVANT was founded with the ambition of protecting and defense of critical infrastructure sectors, by adding a hardware layer of security to the ever-growing list of software solutions. By deploying computing systems with the AVANT hardware security technology, organizations can now effectively combat the growing threat of remote and insider cyber threats.
ABOUT JENTU TECHNOLOGIES
Jentu Technologies is a Toronto Canada based technology company that has developed a secure diskless streaming solution that eliminates the risks of malware in any operation and reduces operational costs of managing desktops by up to 90%.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PRESS ONLY:
Email: [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON AVANT’S SECURE NETWORK™:
ADAM S. RAPER, VICE PRESIDENT/MARKETING
AVANT Solutions Group, LLC dba AVANT secure PC
United States of America
Email: [email protected]
ABRAHAM S. MEGIDISH CEO/CTO
Jentu Technologies, Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, M3J 2M2